The process of building links has not become easier over the years, and seo specialists are constantly searching for new places to promote their websites.
Today we are going to look at a website that has been heavily overlooked by SEO agencies. This is a website that features very well in SEO.
Nofollow links, India being a huge traffic source, and stringent content standards are just a few of the things that caused seo geeks to leave Quora.
Nevertheless, today you will discover that the benefits far outweigh the cons. And you will learn everything you need to do to promote your website on Quora.
So why do I bother with Quora?
- Every month, Quora serves over 500 million visitors. The community is huge, and a perfect place to build up your online presence and brand awareness.
- The DR of Quora is 91. The website that is linked to is definitely nofollow (more on that in a bit). It is a domain that is trustworthy and often shows up in search results.
- Google has never said that links that are posted on Quora are disregarded or that they are not considered.
John Mueller said something about linking to Quora.
There is a big reason why he does not hesitate to answer us. So, the fact that he doesn’t discourage us from building links on Quora is already a good sign.
Is Quora really worthless for SEO purposes?
No, that is not it. In spite of the fact that nofollow links from Quora don’t receive a lot of page speed juice, it does not make those links useless. They bring some indirect benefits to your SEO. They include, but are not limited to, these:
- These nofollow links are great for diversifying your business. Remember that we discussed in our previous sermon how a man is supposed to behave.
- Is it mandatory that all my links should have both dofollow and follow links? So that’s where quality links can help you. They can make your link portfolio look more natural.
- Links (or even mentions that are not linked) have a positive effect on your diet. What we know is that eating (expertise, authority, trust) is an important factor.
- That is for search engines. This applies to all kinds of websites, not just niches, like it was previously. The more people that engage in social discussions on Quora, the more they trust your brand, and you will gain more trust.
- If you are an active participant in learning in your field, you may be able to drive some quality traffic to your website. Do not forget that sometimes people click on the links and visit your websites.
By publishing useful answers on Quora, you can certainly get a few new customers. That is, I want to not mention that.
There are other things that you can do (such as time spent on the page) that you can also contribute to your seo.
- You are not at any risk. Google severely punishes websites that engage in criminal activity.
- Unlike those others, this one is not one of them. So you can rely on this technique and not worry that your rankings will suddenly drop.
What can you do to use Quora to build backlinks to your website?
It seems that the process of building links on Quora is really not that different from the process that I already mentioned.
Here is a checklist that you can follow:
- Find out what questions are relevant to your niche.
Do this by breaking down your topic into a short list of keywords that people always use when asking questions.
In the case where your niche is “auto repair”, you might search for terms like this:
- Repairing cars.
- It is possible to repair a broken car.
- Repairing vehicles.
So, the list continues.
If you are stuck and if you have no keywords, you can use them.
Check out some of the most common questions that people ask about your subject. You may also use any other keyword suggestion tool.
- Answer questions using the relevant keywords that you can find on the internet.
One of the reasons why Quora is such a powerful tool for acquiring information is that 70% of traffic to Quora comes from search engines like Google, according to Similarweb. When you link your website to questions that include your target keywords, think about how effective you will become if those people are directed to Google.
Check out the example questions that I have provided above. Using free services.
You can see that the question is ranked for 39 keywords, and that Google gets about 2,882 clicks from Google per month.
Q-stats displays the top performing keywords. As a result, you know exactly what keywords drive the most traffic from Google.
In other words, if you want people who search for specific keywords to drive traffic to your website, link those keywords in your answer to your website.
It is possible to download it here.
You can get free access to it from the Google Chrome store.
- Write authentic and helpful answers.
If you want people to think that you are an authority on your subject, you must write a long and detailed reply to each question.
Do your research and answer the question as much as you can. Cuboid marketing recommends that you write a minimum of 1800 symbols of text in your answer, but that depends on the exact topic.
- So, make your answer more appealing.
Do you still remember the basic formatting guidelines that you learned during your school years? Now is the time for you to use them. There is no need to get too fancy. Just make your answer stand out visually.
In a long paragraph, rather than writing a long paragraph with plain text, use headings, subheadings, lists, bullet points, quotes, etc. In any other case, you are welcome to attach an image or a video if it suits the context.
- Link organically with us.
Do not just blindly promote your own projects.
When you say “visit my website, it has the best stuff”, or “this is the link to what you need” or other similar clickbait call-to-actions, those will not work on Quora. So, your answers will most likely get flagged as spam and be collapsed, so that the users will not see them.
Instead, link to the website of your client when appropriate. You should make this change either in the middle or at the end of your text, but it should not happen in the beginning!
Some good examples of these are:
Here is a good example of how things work.
If you are interested in learning more about this, check out the article here.
If you are unable to find a way to properly link your website to the main text, there is a simple lifehack that makes linking your website look natural. Just put a heading at the end of your answer that says ‘references’ or ‘sources’, like they do on Wikipedia. You can also leave a backlink to your site.
It is not perfect because not many people click on those links, but it is also very natural.
- Do not just link to your website.
There is another important thing that you should do. And in every answer, don’t just refer to your website in exactly the same way. Differentiate your linking patterns and include a link to some authoritative sources in your answer.
Some examples of such things include:
The greatest pitfall of all is caused by poorly written answers.
Now the sad truth. You’ve done your research and you have written some very interesting answers, but now they are ruined.
There are probably multiple reasons for that, and it is likely that your answer violates some of those reasons.
There is no way to know for sure why your answer has been collapsed, because Quora uses an algorithm to decide what it should say.
We have experienced a few cases of people saying that their answers have been collapsing for (we think) no reason. After we open a support ticket, the support staff will make our answers visible manually.
You probably do not want to open a support ticket every time your answer is flagged, so here are some common reasons why your answers will not be collapsed, and some tips on how you can apply those strategies.
Reason 1: It is not believed that your profile is trustworthy.
What beginners often do is to say, “I don’t know what to say”. Make sure to create a user profile. You can start linking to the site immediately. What you are trying to do is wrong, and it will never work.
If you’re writing on your own behalf, or if you are a “general user” that has no affiliation with your site, in any case your profile should be complete and authentic.
- Full name of the person.
- Photo for your profile picture (use a photo).
- Credentials & Highlights (this is a list that you can copy and paste from linkedin)
Cause 2: You are overlinking/spamming.
After you are finished reading, there is no reason to rush and get links from other websites. It will be considered pure spam, and all of your answers will be deleted. Even if you are planning to automate this process, you should be cautious, because there is a high probability that your profile will be blocked permanently.
Do not try to put a link in every answer right from the beginning. Do things that really help other people, without commercial intent. Build up your profile and build your links, and then start linking to other sites when appropriate.
There is no exact science involved here. I will give a rule of thumb: Write at least 10-20 long and helpful answers before posting any links.
Reason 3: The answers to our questions are lacking social proof.
Because your answer supposedly is great, if it is not influenced by social signals and interactions from other members, that causes the Quora algorithm to be concerned.
Solution: use other user profiles and make some additional comments to your answer and place upvotes to make your answers look credible.
It is not necessary that you take this route, because if you post regularly, you will be rewarded with both comments and upvotes, naturally.
Reason 4: My answers to the user’s question did not really answer it.
If you think that’s a rather weird point – you’ll be surprised at how many people post a long story with tons of references, yet with no clear answer to the question asked initially.
Solution: Make sure to always answer the question in a clear way, either at the beginning or at the end. Finally, that’s what the user looks for: an answer. All the suggestions and advice that you will receive are secondary.
5th Reason: The answers that you provide are not unique.
When your text is copied (completely or partially) from somewhere else, it is possible that it will be flagged as violating Quora’s policies, because the algorithm is aware that you are not contributing any of your own money.
Solution: if you quote someone word-by-word, make it clear by referencing that source (not necessarily with a link) and formatting the paragraph as a quote.
If you want to use some of your own text, say, from a blog article that you have written, please make it clear that you are referencing and copying your own work.
So either way, you should not copy and paste large portions of text and quotes sparingly.
Here are a few examples.
So let’s take a look at a few answers that are based on the best practices that we have discussed earlier.
This answer was provided by one of our team members. That’s a good answer, and we think it’s a good one. Because:
- The text contains more than 1800 symbols and goes into a reasonable amount of detail in order to answer the question.
- The text contains a natural link to our blog, and also a YouTube video that supports it.
- The answer that you gave is social proof. 25 people upvoted and 3 comments.
- 8.2 organic views a day, which means that it is displayed in users’ feeds often.
If you would like to see more examples of our work in action, you can check out the other samples.
It can be difficult to spread the word about your business on Facebook, especially to build links. You will get increased traffic, some traffic to your website, and backlinks to diversify your business.
So, if you find that all the methods that we have described in our guide take a very long time, we will not blame you.